Looking for your aftercare information? Find it under SERVICES & AFTERCARE!
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair using the latest version of diode laser for hair removal.
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
What are the benefits?
Laser hair removal is used to permanently reduce unwanted hair. That means no more razor burn or ingrowns!
Am I an ideal candidate for laser hair removal?
With our Laser Technology, all skin tones can be treated! Hair that is light blonde, red, white, or grey cannot be treated since there isn’t enough pigmentation in the follicle for the laser to target. For best results, the hair that’s being treated should be darker than the skin tone. Have any questions? Call us and book your free consultation today!
Is laser hair removal safe?
Can I shave, wax, or use hair removal cream in between treatments?
You can shave in between treatments! However, you are NOT allowed not wax the area that is undergoing laser treatment. Why? The laser is trying to deactivate the hair follicle by cutting the blood supply and making the hair follicle weaker. If you remove the root of the hair, your treatment will not be effective. We advise you to either shave or trim the hairs between sessions. You can use hair removal creams, but we recommend that they are used two weeks prior to your treatment. If you were to use your any cream a day before the treatment it may leave your skin very sensitive and could even cause a burn.
How many treatments will I need?
The exact number of maintenance laser treatments varies by individual & the area being treated. Usually it takes between 6-12 treatments to see results.
How long does one session take?
A session can take anytime between 15min-2hrs depending on the area being treated.
Are there any risks to Laser Hair Removal?
Risks or side effects will vary with a clients skin type, hair color, and their pre-treatment and post-treatment care.
The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
– Skin irritation: Temporary discomfort, redness sometimes combined with bumps and swelling are sometimes possible. Those signs and symptoms will disappear within several hours.
–Pigment change in skin: The treatment may lighten or darken the treated area. These changes might be temporary or permanent. This is why you must avoid sun exposure before or after treatment. This could also happen to individuals who have darker skin.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
What to Expect
During your Laser Hair Removal treatment, you may experience a slight warm discomfort sensation. Our salon uses cooling methods to help that feeling.
After your treatment, you may notice some redness or sensitivity that will disappear within 24 hours. We will apply a soothing post-laser treatment to help sooth your skin. After your sessions, the area that’s being treated will shed between over a period of days to weeks.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to your first laser session.
- The area being treated MUST be shaved unless instructed otherwise. A close shave is required!
- Skin needs to be free of any creams, retinol, self tanners, etc. Arrive to your appointment with clean shaved skin.
- Do not wax for 4 weeks prior to treatment. During your treatment, you must NOT wax at all. However, you are allowed to shave in between treatments.
- After consultation, if anything changes with your health and medication, please advise one of the Laser Technicians.
- You MUST apply SPF to the area being treated if it’s exposed to the sun.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, saunas for 2-3 days post-treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 4 weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid excessive exercise for 2-3 days post-treatment.